ELAC Debut Reference DCR52 Center Channel Speaker
The Elac Debut Reference series DCR52 center-channel loudspeaker features a two-way driver design with a 1″ tweeter, two 5.25″ woofers, and a 2,200Hz crossover. The tweeter and woofers have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can’t be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts.
- 1″ Cloth Dome Tweeter with Waveguide: The 1″ cloth dome tweeter can handle high frequencies up to 35,000 Hz for excellent reproduction of high resolution audio. The tweeter features a newly developed waveguide combined with a more open grill design that enhances upper high frequency response. The tweeter’s wide-roll surround improves its power handling capabilities.
- Dual 5.25″ Aramid Fiber Cone Woofers: The two 5.25″ woven aramid fiber cone woofers provide a winning combination of strength and damping, ideal properties for superior performance and resonance control. A woven fiber spider allows for good linearity along with well-behaved stability at high excursion; while butyl rubber is chosen for its inherent damping and flexibility, plus its resistance to UV and moisture guarantee long term durability. Its cast chassis provides improved stiffness for both strengthening the front baffle and minimizing chassis resonances. Oversized ceramic magnets produce high motor strength for powerful bass reproduction, while the top and bottom plates are constructed from low carbon steel for high magnetic conductivity to maximize flux density.
- 1″ cloth dome tweeter with waveguide for smooth, accurate highs
- Dual 5-1/4″ aramid fiber midrange/bass drivers with cast chassis
- Frequency response: 55-35,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 87 dB
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: up to 120 watts
- Custom multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- Bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with dual front-firing ports for flexible placement against a wall
- Removable magnetic cloth grille
- Measurements: 20-3/4″W x 9-9/16″H x 7-5/16″D
- Weight: 22.3 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DCR52-W
- UPC: 850008944116
Enhanced High-Frequency Response
The Reference Series’ waveguide and grille design enhance upper high-frequency response.
Dual-Flared Slot Ports
Two front-firing, dual-flared slot vents allow for lower noise and higher bass output for improved bass dynamics.
A full-perimeter brace that joins the top and side panels significantly lessens cabinet vibrations, minimizing cabinet coloration.
Cast Chassis Woofers
Dual cast chassis woofers provide improved stiffness for both strengthening the front baffle and minimizing chassis resonances.
Oversized ceramic magnets produce high motor strength for powerful bass reproduction.
Top & Bottom Plates
The top and bottom plates are constructed from low carbon steel for high magnetic conductivity to maximize flux density.