KEF Reference 3 Meta Floor-Standing Speaker (Pair)
The floorstanding Reference 3 Meta is capable of delivering a sensational sound stage for a wide range of listeners. At its heart sits the 12th generation Uni-Q® driver array with MAT™, the latest technological development from KEF, and one which puts you solidly at the heart of the action. (Priced as Pair)
- The essential for any audiophile. Hand built by the masters who set the standard for audio quality, The Reference has been the benchmark for loudspeakers and sound reproduction. The Reference is an embodiment of KEF’s philosophy and the relentless pursuit of perfection. Now with Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT™).
- Since 1973, The Reference has continually set the benchmark for loudspeakers and sound reproduction. Pioneering the use of digital technologies to achieve the highest audio accuracy, every pair can be matched within 0.5dB to the laboratory-maintained reference standard.
- Since the first Reference speaker, KEF engineers have continuously to innovate using what is possible with The Reference. Ground-breaking in its first incarnation, each subsequent iteration of The Reference has added to the world’s knowledge of the science of acoustics.
- Every speaker in The Reference range exudes the sense of sheer quality that comes from being hand-built by KEF’s master craftsman in Maidstone, Kent, UK. They are designed to be acoustically exceptional, attractive to look at, and each speaker is meticulously built to KEF’s exceptional standards.
- The Reference’s 165mm (6.5 inch) low frequency driver perfectly complements the new 12th generation Uni-Q driver array. Smart engineering and meticulous attention to detail enables the bass to blend seamlessly with the immaculate midrange and treble.
- The Reference speakers are welcomingly undemanding in terms of positioning and are easy to fine-tune for your listening area by using KEF’s innovative Flexible Port Technology.
- Shadow Flare drastically reduces harmful cabinet diffraction, allowing Uni-Q to work at its highest level. A precision-designed surface extends the waveguide effect of Uni-Q for improved clarity, particularly when it comes to the subtle nuances of plucked strings and other percussive sounds.
- The Reference’s cabinets are designed using finite element analysis to determine the ideal shape and bracing geometry to minimise secondary radiation. Constrained Layer Damping is then applied to turn what little vibration is left into heat.
- Since 1961, we have been creating remarkable award-winning loudspeakers at our UK home Maidstone, Kent. As our high-end speakers, The Reference is still being designed, engineered, and handcrafted in Maidstone today.
- Warranty: 5 years
- Our 30-day money back guarantee
- HIGH-GLOSS BLACK GREY MFR # SP4049BA REF3
- SATIN WALNUT/SILVER MFR # SP4049WA
- HIGH-GLOSS WHITE/CHAMPAGNE MFR # SP4049AA