Klipsch CDT-3650-CII In-Ceiling Speaker (4 Speaker Bundle)
This In-Ceiling Speaker bundle includes 4 Klipsch CDT-3650-CII Speakers
- You will receive four Klipsch CDT-3650-CII In-Ceiling Speakers
Treat yourself to top-notch sound with a speaker that blends seamlessly into your home’s décor. The Klipsch CDT-3650-CII installs in your ceiling, so it won’t take up one inch of floor space. And its high-tech design and solid construction make it a great choice for movie and music lovers alike. You can use multiple Klipsch CDT-3650-CII for surround sound in an all-Klipsch home theater, or install them in pairs for stereo listening with your multi-room audio system. The Klipsch CDT-3650-CII allows for the tweeter to swivel while the woofer can rotate a full 360° and pivot 15° in any direction. The controlled dispersion of the horn-loaded tweeter allows the high frequencies to be directed towards the listening area. This, combined with the woofer’s ability to also direct more narrowly dispersed mid-bass frequencies, yields improvement in the overall sound
- 1″ tweeter with with swiveling Tractrix® horn
- Pivoting 6-1/2″ IMG woofer
- Power handling: 200 watts peak
- Frequency response 63-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- Sensitivity 93 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- Paintable SlimTrim™ magnetic grille
- Treble attenuation switch
- Cutout dimensions: 8-3/16″ diameter
- Mounting depth: 4-1/2″
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1014141
What’s in the Box
- CDT-3650-CII In-Ceiling Speaker
- White metal mesh grille
- Cardboard template for Ceiling cutout
- Owner’s Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
Controlled Dispersion Technology (CDT)
Klipsch Controlled Dispersion Technology (CDT) allows for the tweeter to swivel while the woofer can rotate a full 360° and pivot 15° in any direction. The controlled dispersion of the horn-loaded tweeter allows the high frequencies to be directed towards the listening area. This, combined with the woofer’s ability to also direct more narrowly dispersed mid-bass frequencies, yields improvement in the overall sound. The 3650 includes a treble attenuation switch for reduction of high frequency output in challenging install applications such as overly reflective rooms, allowing for a better frequency balance.
The high-efficiency design of the Klipsch in-ceiling speakers allows you to get much more output than most in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Due to the long speaker wire runs that are common in whole-house audio systems, the power coming from the amplifier is significantly reduced by the time it reaches the speakers. The 93dB efficiency of this speaker means it will play much louder at low power than other less-efficient speakers.
2-Way Driver Design
The Klipsch CDT-3650-C II uses a high-quality 1″ aluminum dome compression driver (tweeter) mated to an exclusive Tractrix Horn, combined with a 6.5″ copper-colored IMG (injection-molded graphite) woofer in a 2-way design.
- Tweeter: There is a 1″ aluminum dome tweeter mated to a swiveling 100° Tractrix Horn. The swiveling horn design dramatically increases efficiency by enabling the speaker to produce more output using less energy. The horn-loaded tweeter allows you to point the sound to a specific location, and has more controlled directivity than a conventional dome tweeter.
- Woofer: The 6.5″ copper-colored IMG (injection-molded graphite) woofer can rotate a full 360°, and then shift 15° in any direction. The solid Injection Molded Graphite woofer cone has been strengthened for even more accurate bass reproduction.
The speaker has a pair of spring clips that can accept up to 12-gauge wire or pin connectors.
The CDT-3650-C II has a sturdy ABS basket and frame. The frame can be painted to match any decor.
SlimTrim Magnetic Grille
With an all new grille, the visible frame size is reduced by 90% and grille depth is reduced by 80% over the previous design, for a more edge-to-edge consistent look that blends in with the wall more attractively. The new aluminum, paintable, magnetic grille attaches tightly and securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.