Klipsch Reference R-10SW 10″ Powered Subwoofer
The Klipsch R-10SW subwoofer is the ideal companion whether you’re looking to achieve a 5.1 system or a 5.1 on the Richter scale. The Klipsch R-10SW powered sub is fitted with a powerful 10″ copper-spun IMG (injected molded graphite) front-firing woofer for deep bass. The copper-spun IMG woofer is exceptionally light while being extremely rigid, providing remarkable low frequency response with minimal cone breakup and distortion. The Klipsch R-10SW 10″ 300W Subwoofer, Black provides deep bass and the front-firing woofer gives you greater placement flexibility than a down-firing woofer.
- 10″ high-excursion IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) front-firing woofer
- 150-watt RMS (300-watts peak) amplifier
- Bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- Frequency response: 32-120 Hz (±3dB)
- MDF enclosure with brushed black polymer veneer finish
- Dimensions: 12-1/2″W x 14-9/16″H x 17-1/16″D
- Weight: 25.5 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years woofer, 2 years amplifier
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1016570
150 Watt Amp: The Klipsch R-10SW powered sub employs an all-digital 150 watt RMS (300 watt Peak) amplifier for high efficiency and dynamic bass performance.
MDF Cabinet: The R-10SW is housed in a durable MDF cabinet and finished with a brushed black polymer veneer. The MDF enclosure is rigid and protects against unwanted vibration and distortion.
Rear Firing Port: The R-10SW’s enclosure uses a bass reflex design with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger bass.
Controls: The level control, low pass crossover, and phase control allow you to blend the powered subwoofer’s low-frequency tones with your system’s other speakers, as well as establish the ideal level of bass.
- Level Control: The level control adjusts the subwoofer’s volume relative to the rest of your home audio system. After the sub’s level control has been set, the volume control of your AV receiver will be the volume control for both the Klipsch powered subwoofer and your connected loudspeakers.
- Low Pass Crossover: The variable lowpass crossover is adjustable from 40-120Hz. The crossover point chosen determines where low bass frequencies are “handed-off” from your AV system’s loudspeakers to the Klipsch powered subwoofer. Set the crossover point based on the size of your systems’ main left/right speakers.
- Phase Control: This control is used to acoustically match the subwoofer’s output to your main speakers. Select the position either 0˚ or 180˚ in which your subwoofer has more output at the listening position.
LFE/RCA Inputs: The Klipsch R-10SW powered subwoofer is equipped with a pair of line-level RCA-type inputs to connect the sub to your receiver or integrated amplifier.
- LFE Input: Most of today’s AV receivers have a line-level subwoofer output (LFE). If your receiver has an LFE output, connect one end of a subwoofer cable (sold separately) to this output and connect the other end of the cable into the powered subwoofer’s line-level input labeled “LEFT/LFE”. Set the powered sub’s built-in crossover to “LFE” with this type of connection.
- Stereo Input: In absence of a subwoofer (LFE) output on your receiver, as an alternative hookup, you can connect Left & Right channel pre-amp outputs from the receiver to both the “Left/LFE” and “Right” inputs on the powered subwoofer.
LED Indicator: The front-mounted LED power indicator lets you know when the sub is powered on or off. The LED will light green when the powered subwoofer is on and receiving a signal. If the LED is dark and not lit, the powered sub is off.
Auto Power On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically turn On when it senses an audio signal. It will automatically go into “Standby mode” after 15-20 minutes with no audio signal. You can also choose to turn the powered sub On or Off manually from the rear-switch on the back.