Klipsch R-5650-S II In-wall Surround Sound Speaker – Each
The Klipsch R-5650-S in-wall speaker is designed specifically for surround use in home theater applications. Its unique, patent-pending horn array technology allows to create enveloping sound fields and localized effects without disruption the home’s decor. The Klipsch R-5650-S employs a 6.5-inch Cerametallic™ woofer and dual 1-inch titanium compression drivers. The Klipsch R-5650-S has two vertically stacked Tractrix® Horn-loaded tweeters pointing in opposite directions, the R-5650-S outperforms conventional designs by maximizing diffusion, clarity and efficiency, while minimizing room interactions that blur sonic detail.
R-5650-S II Highlights:
- Tractrix® horn array with dual 1″ titanium tweeters
- 6-1/2″ Cerametallic™ woofer
- Wide Dispersion Surround Technology™
- Power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (200 watts peak)
- Frequency response 60-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- Sensitivity 92 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- IR receiver knock-out for remote repeater systems
- Paintable Slimtrim® magnetic grille
- Cutout dimensions: 8″W x 13″H
- Mounting depth: 3-11/16″
- Warranty:5 Years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1014134
What’s in the box:
- In-wall speaker
- White metal mesh grille
- Cardboard template
- Owner’s Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST):
The R-5650-S II draws listeners into the middle of the action through the use of Klipsch’s proprietary Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST). The careful alignment of the two controlled-directivity Tractrix Horn tweeters angled opposite of one another yields an incredibly wide dispersion pattern.
The high-efficiency design of the Klipsch in-wall speakers allows you to get much more output than most in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Due to the long speaker wire runs that are common in whole-house audio systems, the power coming from the amplifier is significantly reduced by the time it reaches the speakers. The 92dB efficiency of this speaker means it will play much louder at low power than other less-efficient speakers.
2-Way Speaker System:
The Klipsch R-5650-S II in-wall speaker uses dual 1″ Titanium compression drivers (tweeters) mated to dual 90° x 90° square Tractrix Horns, vertically stacked and skewed to maximize ambience, combined with a 6.5″ Cerametallic woofer in a 2-way design.
- Tweeter: The two vertically-stacked, Tractrix Horn-loaded 1″ Titanium dome compression tweeters are pointed in opposite directions to maximize diffusion, clarity, and efficiency. The horn design dramatically increases efficiency by enabling the speaker to produce more output using less energy. The addition of a Linear Travel Suspension to the tweeters increases high frequency detail and smoothness.
- Woofer: The copper-colored 6.5″ Cerametallic woofer features a solid Aluminum diaphragm, anodized to add stiffness and provide perfect damping, that delivers increased rigidity for even tighter, more defined bass. The new integrated dust cap further strengthens the cone and helps ventilate the voice coil for increased driver durability.
The speaker has a gold-plated pair of spring-loaded binding posts that can accept up to 12-gauge wire, single banana plugs, or pin connectors.