SVS PB16-Ultra Ported Cabinet Subwoofer
PB16-Ultra features a massive 16” Ultra driver with astonishing 8″ edge wound voice coil, a stunningly powerful 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power Sledge amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output, triple 3.5″ front-firing high-flow ports and an innovative subwoofer control and DSP smartphone app with custom presets for precise tuning. The ultimate ported box subwoofer.
- Fully powered ported subwoofer
- 1,500 watts RMS, 5,000+ watts peak power amplifier with Analogue Devices
- Frequency response
- 15Hz to 280Hz +/-3dB (standard mode)
- 13Hz to 280Hz +/-3dB (extended mode)
- 14Hz to 360Hz +/-3dB (sealed mode)
- Innovative SoundMatch two-way crossover
- Near-perfect real world frequency response
- Control your speaker with the free smartphone app for Android and iOS
- Line-level/LFE RCA and balanced (XLR) inputs
- RCA and XLR outputs
- Infrared (IR) remote control included
- SVS PB-16 16” 1500W Subwoofer dimensions (H x W x D): 25 in x 21.7 in x 28.3 in (without grill
- SVS PB-16 16” 1500W Subwoofer weight: 174.5 lbs
- Warranty: 5 years
Massive New 16″ SVS Ultra Driver with Unprecedented 8″ Edge Wound Voice Coil
When designing the biggest and most formidable driver ever used in an SVS subwoofer, it was of utmost importance to meet or exceed the same supreme standards of control and accuracy as every other subwoofer SVS manufactures. One huge advancement that allows the PB16-Ultra to handle the crushing force of a 16” driver is the 8” edge wound voice coil, the largest ever deployed in a consumer subwoofer. This innovation ensures ultra-low distortion and pinpoint control at the highest drive levels resulting in incredible output and low frequency extension. By nature, larger drivers are more difficult to control, but the unprecedented voice coil design ensures accuracy in frequency response and speed in transients without ever sounding boomy.
Pushing the driver are four massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets that unleash a staggering 95mm peak to peak Xmech excursion (82mm Xmax) and the highest levels of motor force and palpable SPLs. The light and rigid 16” Ultra driver cone consists of a premium fiberglass resin composite with optimal stiffness to mass ratio to maximize movement of air and sonic energy without ever distorting or losing control.
Stunningly Powerful, New Sledge Amplifier with Fully Discrete MOSFET Output
Conservatively rated at 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power, the PB16-Ultra Sledge STA-1500D amplifier’s 64 Amp 200-Volt MOSFETs are the sonic muscle behind arguably the most powerful and highest fidelity subwoofer amplifier ever developed. Discrete MOSFET output unbridles the nearly limitless power in the Sledge amplifier and pushes the 16” driver to extreme levels of performance. They also represent an upgrade over the less robust integrated circuit output stages found in nearly all other Class D subwoofer amplifiers.
Effortless power must be harnessed to ensure refined behavior and pristine output at the most demanding drive levels. To achieve this, the PB16-Ultra subwoofer uses the audio industry’s most advanced 50 MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with 56bit filtering to handle the nearly limitless power, only unleashing the perfect amount of low frequency energy at just the right time.
Innovative New Smartphone App for Subwoofer DSP and Control
Compatible with Apple and Android platforms, the innovative PB16-Ultra smartphone app unleashes the full depth, force, and nuance of the world’s finest subwoofer. The groundbreaking SVS subwoofer app controls all DSP functions and conveniently stores custom presets. It’s the easiest way ever to fine tune bass surpassing 16Hz at reference volumes from the comfort of your favorite seat.
For added convenience, 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface, and Bluetooth connectivity allows adjustments to be made even when the subwoofer is not in sight. Control is also available via IR remote and an intuitive front panel display.
Acoustically Inert, Rigidly Braced Cabinet
A subwoofer capable of creating such extreme levels of sonic energy requires a formidable cabinet design. The PB16-Ultra is built with a double-thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment. The highly reinforced internal design eliminates any chance of coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference sound pressure levels.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 25″ x 21.7″ x 30.9″
- Weight: 174.5 lbs.
- Driver size: 16″
- Standard mode: 15 – 280Hz ± 3dB
- Extended mode: 13 – 280Hz ± 3dB
- Sealed mode: 14 – 360Hz ± 3dB
- Front-firing 16″ driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Sledge STA-1500D DSP amplifier
- 1500 watts RMS continuous power (5000 watts peak dynamic power)
- High-efficiency, cool-running Class D topology
- Auto-On/On switch with “green” standby mode
- Input impedance: 22kΩ (unbalanced line-level RCA)/22kΩ (speaker level)
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction, worldwide safety certifications