SVS Ultra Surround Speaker – Pair Black Ash
Immersive Surround Sound Experience
High-definition movie and multi-channel music soundtracks demand a high-performance surround speaker. The Ultra Surround Speakers rise to the challenge, delivering immersive and thrilling surround sound effects rivaling the finest commercial cinemas. Finished in premium-grade piano gloss black and real black oak veneer, and featuring compact driver arrays with 45-degree baffles and a shallow cabinet depth, the Ultra Surround line integrates seamlessly into any upscale home theater.
Unique and Flexible Surround Sound Modes
For the ultimate in flexibility, the Ultra Surround can operate in three different surround sound modes:
- Bipole – both sets of drivers in phase
- Dipole mode – both sets of drivers out of phase
- Duet mode – each set of drivers receives a discrete signal
Duet mode creates two separate speakers within one cabinet, allowing true 7-channel surround sound with just two surround speakers instead of the more common four. Duet mode is very useful for enthusiasts who want to experience discrete 7-channel surround sound, but who lack the space for a separate set of rear surround speakers.
The Ultra Surround Speakers also feature integral aluminum wall mounting brackets, with safety catch features that help prevent the speakers from being inadvertently dislodged.
Dramatic Styling Yields Sonic Benefits
The stylish Ultra Surround cabinet design yields numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffles and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Even the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
SVS Drivers Extreme Performance and Uncompromised Fidelity
The proprietary SVS drivers utilize the finest materials and design features to ensure the highest sound quality and performance. The Ultra Surround driver array features dual 1” aluminum dome tweeter and a 5.5” woofer.
Dual 1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter
- Utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser that delivers a very open ‘airy’ presentation and extremely unveiled highs
- Delivers a soundstage so pure and free of artifacts that you’ll swear the performers are in the room
Dual 5.5” Woofer
- Delivers excellent midrange detail and radiated sound power with surprisingly punchy bass response
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio that improves sensitivity and maintains pistonic behavior well beyond the pass-band of the driver
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and enhance heat-sinking capacity
SoundMatch Crossover Intelligently Designed for Your Listening Room
The Ultra Surround features dual isolated crossover networks to allow for bipole, dipole, or the unique Duet operating modes. The SoundMatch 2-way crossover features premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors, and heavy-trace printed circuit boards to ensure pure signal transmission. Careful selection of the crossover frequency and slopes results in outstanding total radiated sound power.
Specifications (Per Speaker)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 14″ x 12.3″ x 7″
- Weight: 18 lbs.
- Tweeter: dual 1″
- Woofer: dual 5.5″
- Frequency response: 58 – 32Hz ± 3dB
- Rated bandwidth: 58Hz – 32kHz (±3dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 87dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20 – 250 watts
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2kHz (12dB/octave slopes)